We have an opening as an Athletic Trainer in our WABX Department. Main duties are listed in the attached job description. Please apply by submitting an on-line application hereby.
Role Description / Working Relationships
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementation of a comprehensive athletic training program, including but not limited to:
The athletic trainer / teacher is expected to ensure that student athletes participate only when physically able; that any physician instructions are understood and followed; and in coordination with the Athletics and Activities Director, ensure that the athletic training facility and all required events will be covered according to school and athletic calendars.
* This role has a teaching commitment.
In support of the above statement, the Athletic Trainer is responsible for:
1. Ensuring effective communication and liaison is maintained with the following as required
2. Develop overall sports medicine program for the school, including:
3. Schedule and coordinate medical personal for coverage of all team practices and athletic competitions 4. Assist in implementing policies and procedures for the effective operation of the athletic training facilities and services including establishment and rehearsal of emergency action plans
5. Collaborate with professional medical services within the community
6. Maintain accurate record and documentation of injuries and treatments, working closely with school nurses and informing school counselors as required
7. Assist Athletic and Activities Director in the development of the sports medical program budget
8. Secure training room equipment and supplies as needed
9. Provision of school community education sessions on sports medicine issues
10. Fulfilling teaching assignments
11. Consult coaching staff on conditioning, nutrition, and protective equipment and provide education and supervision for student trainers.
12. Perform additional duties as assigned by the athletics and activities director
The successful applicant is expected to have the following skills, abilities, knowledge and experience: