WAB is looking for a creative and inspiring teacher to teach EAL English Language Aquisition and to provide support in the elementary for EAL students at WAB .
The placement commences 1 August 2020. The initial contract is offered for two years subject to renewal. Please apply by following the link and submitting all the required documentation.
Position: EAL Teacher
School Section: Elementary School
The EAL Teacher is responsible to the EAL Head of Department for
supporting student learning identified through a variety of assessment measures.
The EAL teacher is expected to work as part of a multiple teacher
team supporting students primarily through in-class support; and pull-out support is
minimal and based on student need. The EAL teacher is expected to
work closely with the homeroom teachers as well as other EAL
Teachers, carefully planning lessons and units to identify instructional strategies that
meet the needs of diverse learners. The EAL Teacher is expected to
keep parents informed and attend parent teacher conference, as required.
The EAL Teacher is expected to contribute to the extra curricula
activities of the school and be involved in school development.
The successful applicant is expected to have the following skills, abilities, knowledge
1. Personal Skills and Abilities
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students and parents
• Ability to communicate both orally and in written form with students and parents
• Skills in working with a range of student of different abilities and backgrounds.
• Skills in inquiry based learning
• Ability to integrate technology across the curriculum
• A strong knowledge of contemporary inquiry-based teaching and learning
theories and practice
• A sound understanding of collaborative planning
• A strong knowledge of differentiation
• An understanding of how student’s learn through guided inquiry
• At least five years working experience as a teacher
• Successful recent experience as a Student Support teacher focusing on EAL
• Experience working within a PYP framework
• Experience in working in teams to plan units of inquiry
• Qualification in an area of English Language Learning
• Completed current EAL course/s
• Commitment to undertake additional training in EAL
• Qualified teacher status