IT Help Desk Technician
We are looking for an energetic and team spirited Helpdesk Technician to work in middle school section to assist with Helpdesk requests. The successful candidate must have a good command in spoken and written English, deep understanding and problem solving skills on both software and hardware issues, and a great service attitude.
The vacancy is immediate and will be filled as soon as possible, Further details on the position can be found in below job description. Interested candidates shall apply by sending an on-line application by following the link.
Position: IT Help Desk Technician
Department: Information Communications Technology
Role Description / Working Relationships
The Helpdesk Technician is under the supervision of the IT Manager. The Helpdesk Technician works to support the use of all technology across the school sections at WAB. This includes Apple laptop computers, desktops, touch devices, software issues, data projectors, etc. They will be assigned to work in a specific school site or in other areas of IT support as needed
The Help Desk Technician is expected to take care of the following tasks:
- Respond to client requests face to face, via phone and ticket system in a timely fashion
- Responsible for the user setup, print, e-mail & other electronic communications services
- Assist with general hardware maintenance, upgrades, installation and configuration, including IT peripherals and network equipment
- Build, install, and configure OS X system, application/services software and interrelated tools
- Provide primary assistance on various software applications
- Diagnoses and repairs technical issues, ensuring that all hardware and software work properly
- Resolve compatibility and inter-operability issues
- Recovers lost or accidentally deleted data with data recovery tools
- Can perform basic training to staff on operation of Apple Mac and various software
- Attend regular professional development events to stay current with state-of-the-art
- Perform other duties as assigned
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Possess and display a professional "can do" attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent people and telephone skills
- Excellent organization and people skills
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Be self-motivated and strive to do it better
- Want to do it right the first timeAbility to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Prior customer service experiences a plus
- Proven relationship-building skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or English major.
- Must have excellent oral and verbal skills in English.
- A sound knowledge of Apple’s OS X & Microsoft Operating Systems
- At least 3 years’ successful experience as computer technician
- Experience working in an English-speaking environment