We are looking for an energetic and inspiring teacher to teach MS PHE classes in WAB Middle School.
The PHE teacher is responsible to the Head of Department of MS PE Department for implementing the curriculum, assessment and reporting processes. He/she will work collaboratively with other department members to develop common unit plans and assessment strategies, and will, whenever appropriate, employ an inquiry-based approach and differentiate lessons to support the learning styles of individual students.
The successful candidate is able to establish effective working relationships with staff, students and parents and has a sound understanding of contemporary teaching and learning theories and practice in physical and health education. The successful candidate has at least Bachelor level studies in suitable area and a recognized Teaching Qualification. In addition, we require a minimum of two years' post-qualification working experience. Experience of working with EAL students and MYP programme is preferred.
The placement commences 1 August 2020. The initial contract is offered for two years subject to renewal. Please apply by following the link and submitting all the required documentation.
Role Description / Working Relationships
The Middle School Physical and Health Education teacher is responsible to the MS PE Head of Department for the teaching and learning program, assessment and reporting at his/her assigned grade level(s) for this subject area.
The MS PE teacher is expected to work as part of the MS PE team and with various support services such as EAL and Learning Support to provide a consistent, inclusive and relevant learning program for their subject area. The MS PE teacher is expected to work closely with their teaching team, planning together and attending collaborative planning sessions with grade level/department members and single subject teachers. The MS PE teacher must use an inquiry-based approach and differentiate through various strategies.
The MS PE teacher is expected to contribute to the extra curricula activities of the school and be involved in school development.
The successful applicant is expected to have the following skills, abilities, knowledge and experience:
1. Personal Skills and Abilities
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students and parents
• Ability to communicate both orally and in written form taking into account ESOL community members
• Skills in working with less able students
• Empathy for second language acquisition
• Skills in ICT
• A sound understanding of contemporary inquiry-based teaching and learning theories and practice related to
• A sound understanding of collaborative planning
• A strong knowledge of differentiation strategies
• An understanding of how students learn
• A minimum of two years successful experience teaching MS PE & Health
• Experience working within the MYP framework
• Experience in working with Middle School students
• MYP training preferred
• Qualified PE teacher
• Qualified teacher status